Trademark Registration and ManagementPrint PDF
Briggs and Morgan's Intellectual Property section provides a comprehensive suite of intellectual property services designed to safeguard a company's intellectual property assets and its associated brands in the global marketplace. With our international capabilities and experience, Briggs' team can effectively represent clients in all corners of the world.
Briggs and Morgan, P.A. has a robust trademark practice. We follow an integrated approach in helping clients to develop successful strategies for managing and protecting their marks, keeping in mind both short- and long-term business goals. Briggs’ comprehensive suite of trademark services includes assisting with:
- Clearance and registerability opinions
- U.S. and foreign trademark registration
- Trademark policing
- USPTO administrative proceedings, including oppositions and cancellations
- Licensing and transactions
- E-commerce and Internet matters
On the prosecution side, our attorneys have handled over 1,500 trademark registrations with the USPTO and globally through our network of foreign associate firms in trademark offices throughout Europe, Central and South America, Mexico, Canada and the Pacific Rim.
Our lawyers also have broad experience negotiating and drafting co-existence agreements and trademark licenses, and often conduct due diligence investigations of trademark assets related to corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Patents and trademarks for building trade hand tools, industrial pumps, sprayers and cleaning hand tools, plumbing supplies, portable room partitions, windows and door, institutional ceiling tiles, panels and treatments.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for agricultural chemicals and fertilizers.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for archery accessories, including broadheads and releases, archery bows and rifles.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for asphalt products and landscaping supplies.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for health food and food ingredients, agricultural and animal ventilation products, beer brewing and restaurant services and ice cream products.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for jewelry.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for pet supplies.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for sports mouthguards and dental appliances, prosthetics and artificial limbs and catheters.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for stickers, paper products, printed labels, tamper resistant seals, canvas products and other packaging equipment.
- Prosecuting patents and trademarks for toys.
- Represent multiple companies in procurement and enforcement of worldwide patent and trademark rights.
- Craft Beer vs. Wine - Justin Weinberg and Joey Balthazor Discuss the Fight for Trademarks in the USPTOSeptember 29, 2017
- May 3, 2017
- November 20, 2014
- September 12, 2014
- June 2, 2014
- October 31, 2013
- September 25, 2013
- July 24, 2013
- September 21, 2011
- February 10, 2015
- University of Minnesota Law School - Room 25, May 21, 2014
- ALERT: Don’t be Fooled by Bogus Operators Claiming You Need to Take Action on Your Trademarks or PatentsApril 25, 2017
- May 3, 2016
- March 29, 2013
- March 7, 2013
- February 22, 2013
- February 21, 2013
- December 21, 2012
- September 7, 2012
- September 27, 2011
- September 19, 2011
- June 2, 2011
- January 13, 2011
- July 7, 2010
- March 24, 2010
- June 16, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- November 24, 2008
- November 20, 2008
- November 19, 2008
- August 11, 2008
- July 1, 2007