Trademark Litigation and Brand ProtectionPrint PDF
Briggs and Morgan’s Brand Protection Team has provided trademark policing, enforcement and risk assessment for many well-known companies and brands locally and nationally. Our team of dedicated trademark litigators have litigation experience in virtually every United States District Court, over 100 Trademark Trial and Appeal Board contested proceedings, extensive cyberlaw litigation, and both U.S. and international uniform domain name resolution experience. Briggs’ litigation team is supported by several trademark prosecution specialists with national and international experience, dedicated trademark paralegals and an international network of firms to assist with international policing and enforcement efforts.
Briggs’ Brand Protection Team partners with clients to tailor proactive and cost-effective trademark policing and enforcement programs suited to a given client’s specific needs. Briggs’ has the experience to seamlessly and cost-effectively partner with you to safeguard your brands, including:
- Trademark and trade dress litigation
- Deceptive trade practices litigation
- False advertising litigation
- Emergency injunctive relief
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings
- Audits and counseling to ensure best practices for trademark usage and notices
- National and international uniform domain name resolution proceedings
- Cyberlaw trademark issues such as “keyword advertising” and social media
Briggs’ Brand Protection Team provides experience comparable to large coastal firms at Midwest prices and Midwest client responsiveness. Briggs’ trademark litigators have been recognized by their peers as “Top 40 Intellectual Property” lawyers, Intellectual Property “Super Lawyers,” Minnesota Attorneys of the Year, and serve as thought leaders in the nation’s premier intellectual property groups.
Sampling of Recent Representative Experience:
- Developed, implemented and manage the national and international trademark policing and enforcement efforts for a national real estate development and construction company, with over 300+ successful enforcement matters to date.
- Developed, implemented and manage the trademark policing and enforcement efforts for a large international toy manufacturer.
- Successfully defended a large international toy manufacturer against trade dress infringement claims involving its key product line in the Central District of California. Obtained summary judgment dismissal of all trade dress claims.
- Successfully gained control of Chinese trademark registration for a client’s key brand from a Chinese infringer.
- Represented an international manufacturer of hydraulic pumping systems in a trademark dispute involving the registration and use of its house mark in conjunction with an Irish domain name and infringing sales of a competitive product.
- Multiple successful Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings.
- Multiple co-existence agreements which achieved client’s business objectives without the need for expensive litigation
- Represented human resources company in week-long bench trial in Eastern District of Virginia against competitor who asserted a portfolio of family trademark rights. Complete non-infringement ruling obtained and client was able to continue full use of contested marks.
- May 3, 2017
- November 20, 2014
- September 12, 2014
- June 2, 2014
- October 31, 2013
- September 25, 2013
- July 24, 2013
- September 21, 2011
- February 10, 2015
- University of Minnesota Law School - Room 25, May 21, 2014
- ALERT: Don’t be Fooled by Bogus Operators Claiming You Need to Take Action on Your Trademarks or PatentsApril 25, 2017
- May 3, 2016
- June 18, 2015
- March 29, 2013
- March 7, 2013
- February 22, 2013
- February 21, 2013
- December 21, 2012
- September 7, 2012
- September 27, 2011
- September 19, 2011
- June 2, 2011
- January 13, 2011
- July 7, 2010
- March 24, 2010
- June 16, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- March 30, 2009
- November 24, 2008
- November 20, 2008
- November 19, 2008
- August 11, 2008
- July 1, 2007