Briggs and Morgan’s tax attorneys assist clients in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, business services, consumer products, financing, private equity and other investment funds, real estate ventures, health care, public utilities, transportation and commercial banking.
Our clients seek counsel for a broad range of tax-related needs, including both federal and state tax planning for business and financial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity investment funds and tax-exemption issues.
Briggs also helps clients with tax credit matters, including New Markets Tax Credits, Affordable Housing and Historic Rehabilitation credits.
Briggs and Morgan has advised clients in hundreds of tax matters in Minnesota and across the country. Below is a select sampling of recent experience:
- Advised owners of closely-held company regarding a tax-free spin-off to address regulatory and ownership matters.
- Advised client regarding the tax structuring of the sale of a privately-held producer of food products through a merger with a strategic acquirer.
- Advised real estate owner on tax-deferred reinvestment of real estate condemnation proceeds.
- Assisted tax-exempt college in development of agreement and guidelines for accepting corporate sponsorship payments.
- Advise private equity and mezzanine debt fund sponsors regarding tax-efficient structuring of portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions.
- Advised out-of-state real estate investment company on property tax implications of proposed transaction.
- Advised real estate developer on property tax implications and issues relating to proposed transaction.
- May 2, 2016
- February 23, 2016
- January 7, 2016
- Attorney Andrew Carlson Authors "Deadline for Appeal of a Tax Court Decision to the Minnesota Supreme Court: Unnecessary Uncertainty"Spring 2015Tax Section News - A Publication of the Minnesota State Bar Association