Mergers and AcquisitionsPrint PDF
Briggs and Morgan’s well-regarded Mergers and Acquisitions Practice has deep experience providing legal counsel for M&A transactions in Minnesota, throughout the country and around the world. We advise U.S. and multinational companies, private equity funds, emerging companies and venture-funded start-ups on a full range of M&A needs, including:
- Acquisitions of stock and assets;
- Leveraged buy-outs;
- Reorganizations and spin-offs; and
- Tender and exchange offers.
Our M&A attorneys collaborate closely with other groups within the firm to provide seamless counsel in handling the complex tax, corporate finance, securities, antitrust, real estate, environmental and employee benefits issues that often arise with the purchase and sale of a business.
Whether the transaction is domestic or international, publicly held or privately owned, our prepared and responsive attorneys are adept at achieving clients' business goals.
Briggs and Morgan has helped hundreds of companies with M&A matters. Below is a recent select sampling of our experience:
- Represented a family business in the purchase of a national consumer electronics company.
- Represented a family-owned financial services company in its sale to a national financial services company.
- Represented a privately held global supplier of thermal management products in its sale to a German-based industrial conglomerate.
- Represented a family-owned dairy company in its sale to a Canadian agricultural cooperative.
- Represented a family-owned chicken producer in its sale to a large, family-owned pork producer.
- Representation of a premium coffeehouse operator in its $340 million sale transaction to a foreign-based private equity purchaser.
- Represented a Europe-based global cheese and nutritional ingredients company in a $315 million bolt-on transaction to expand their presence in North America.
- Represented a Minneapolis-based conglomerate with a $50-million investment in a micro-brewery logistics company.
- Represented a national private equity company in a series of acquisitions of construction equipment manufacturing companies.
- Represented a publicly traded company in its merger with another publicly traded company in a global transaction involving North American, Central American and European markets valued at $7.8 billion, creating one of the world's largest beverage companies.
- Represented a large family-owned company in its acquisition of a large airline company.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of frozen foods in its acquisition of two public frozen foods companies.
- Represented a large publicly traded company in a joint venture involving operations in Jamaica, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Mexico and Guatemala to form one of the largest privately controlled companies in Central America.
- Represented a nonprofit hospital and senior care facility in its sale to a large, nonprofit health system.
- Represented international vending company in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a large publicly traded beverage company in a $750 million acquisition of a juice drink company in the Ukraine - the largest transaction in the history of the Ukraine in its time.
- Represented an industry-leading provider of computer network performance management hardware and software in its sale to a large private-equity firm buyer.
- Represented U.S.-based food manufacturer in the nutritional and food processing industry in its sale to a Canadian Cooperative and industry leader with $3.4 billion in annual sales.
- Represented an S&P 500 client in its acquisition of a cutting-edge medical technology company.
- November 6, 2014
- June 20, 2014