Investment Real EstatePrint PDF
At Briggs and Morgan, we provide efficient and practical solutions for our clients engaging in real estate investments. We represent REITs, private equity funds, joint ventures, closely-held businesses, retailers and real estate development companies in all aspects of their real estate projects, including office, industrial, retail, apartment, condominium, and institutional projects. For new investment groups, our seasoned attorneys have extensive experience in private placements, joint ventures and initial REIT formations. Once a fund, venture or REIT is formed, we handle the full cycle of the real estate asset life within the portfolio, including initial acquisitions, financings, and dispositions. Our investment real estate attorneys frequently act as quarterbacks of the legal team assisting clients in portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, with assets spanning across numerous States.
Our investment real estate attorneys also assist clients with determining the appropriate financing tools for each project. We can effectively structure, document and close a wide range of financing transactions with our clients, including construction loans, permanent mortgage financing, sale-leaseback transactions, ground leases, secondary market programs, tax increment financing and securitization of mortgage-backed loans. Our team also has experience handling mortgage foreclosures, mechanics’ lien matters, and workout advice for borrowers, landlords, lenders and tenants.
- Counsel to a Canadian public REIT, in the acquisitions and financings of properties throughout the United States.
- Counsel to a national real estate investment fund in connection with approximately $59 million construction financing.
- Counsel to a national real estate investment fund in connection with permanent financing for more than $50 million.
- Counsel to a Canadian public REIT, for whom we have completed acquisitions of industrial, office and retail properties and assorted financings.
- Represented a national real estate investment fund as lead counsel in the portfolio sale of 17 office and industrial facilities located in nine states with an aggregate purchase price of more than $235 million closing simultaneously.
- Represented a private real estate fund in the acquisition and financing of a seven-building industrial portfolio in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented a U.S. real estate investment trust in its $100 million initial public offering of trust units.
- Represented developer in creation of a master association for an approximately 125-unit mixed single family/multifamily development.
- Served as lead counsel to a private real estate fund in a five-building, $100 million industrial portfolio acquisition, totaling 2,711,183 square feet, including buildings in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.
- Served as Principal American Liaison to a Canadian real estate investment trust focused on the ownership and operation of industrial properties in the U.S.