Corporate Finance and SecuritiesPrint PDF
Briggs and Morgan advises regional and national business clientele on a wide spectrum of public and private financing options. In our direct experience, we have effectively counseled a multitude of companies, partnerships, investors, investment bankers, lenders and individual entrepreneurs, as well as closely held entities, nonprofits and emerging businesses.
As we find ourselves immersed in an era of staggering corporate accountability and the evolution of internal audits, Briggs maintains high standards of excellence in its corporate finance representation. We recognize the value associated with smart legal advice that is anchored by comprehensive analysis, an understanding of client objectives and goals, and the level of industry knowledge necessary to achieve optimal financing for clients of all sizes and circumstances.
Our team of experienced corporate finance attorneys remains dedicated to minimizing the complexity of any financing process while assisting clients in making practical short- and long-term decisions. We handle all classes of related legal matters, including public offerings, private investments in public equity, private placements, venture capital financing transactions, securities law, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Dodd-Frank compliance, mezzanine and second lien financing, structured finance and recapitalization.
At Briggs and Morgan, we recognize that high levels of integrity and ethical standards drive business.
- Representation of a medical device company since its IPO, including PIPE transactions, a debt conversion, other equity financings, a senior secured debt issuance and follow-on offering.
- Representation of a publicly-held thrift holding company in its response to a proxy contest by one of its institutional shareholders.
- Represented a bottling company in $1.4 billion of registered debt issuances, 10b5-1 repurchase plans, adoption of a majority voting policy and $7.8 billion merger and go-private transaction. Created one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies.
- Served as real estate counsel to a franchisee in the acquisition of a portfolio of 37 quick-serve restaurant sites from the national franchisor in a single transaction.
- Served as real estate counsel to a franchisee in the re-financing of its 60-unit restaurant portfolio.