- Sarah Delaney
Senior Marketing Manager
Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
Briggs and Morgan Secures Historic Victory for Minnesota Governor Mark DaytonPrint PDFShare
The Minnesota Supreme Court has filed its decision to uphold Governor Mark Dayton's line-item veto of the Legislature's operating budget. The Court held that the veto was authorized by the constitution and that it did not cause an unconstitutional result. The Court reversed and vacated the district court judgment, which had reinstated the Legislative appropriations, and remanded the case to dismiss with prejudice the Legislatures’ complaint. The Briggs and Morgan legal team that represented Governor Dayton included attorneys Sam Hanson, Scott Knudson, Scott Flaherty, and Emily Peterson.
This case and ruling has received significant media coverage. See below.
- Governor Dayton’s Official Statement
- Minnesota Supreme Court upholds Gov. Mark Dayton's veto of House, Senate budget – Star Tribune
- Supreme Court rules for Dayton in dispute over line-item veto – MinnPost
- Supreme Court upholds Dayton veto of Legislature’s budget – Minnesota Lawyer
- Supreme Court upholds Dayton’s veto of Legislature’s budget – Twin Cities.com Pioneer Press
- MN Supreme Court Rules In Dayton’s Favor Over Budget Veto – CBS Minnesota