Briggs Commends Clients for Dedication to PhilanthropyPrint PDFShare
Briggs and Morgan congratulates The Pohlad Family of Companies, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Northwest Airlines, Inc., Edina Realty, and Xiotech Corp. for being recognized by The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal for outstanding corporate giving and philanthropy.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal profiled select organizations and businesses in the November 23, 2007 edition. Below is a snapshot of each company and philanthropic accomplishments, as noted by the newspaper:
- Contributed a combined $500,000 toward the continuing aftermath of hurricanes Katrina and Rita;
- Continues to support service-oriented trips for employees to volunteer time and energy to hurricane affected areas through Catholic Charities; and
- In 2006, the Pohlad Family Foundation donated more than $7 million.
- Donated more than $20 million in grants in 2006;
- Set up a dollar-for-dollar matching program in honor of former employee killed in I-35W bridge collapse, matching donations totaling $100,000;
- Contributed $25,000 to Minnesota Helps – Bridge Disaster Fund to aid relief efforts; and
- As part of its four-year commitment to Habitat for Humanity International, reached a milestone with building its 500th home in U.S.
Northwest Airlines, Inc.
- Annually hosts “flight to the North Pole” for kids at local children’s homes, giving them a chance to meet Santa at the airport;
- Provided free transportation to family and friends who lost loved ones in the I-35W bridge collapse; and
- Donated $13 million to hurricanes Katrina and Rita relief efforts.
- Donated almost $11,000 over two years to Spare Key, which helps families with seriously ill children pay their mortgage for one month;
- Organized a food and clothing drive for Hurricane Katrina victims that resulted in nine tons of supplies transported via 93 semi-trucks; and
- Donated $8,000 to Person-to-Person this fiscal year.
- In 2005, donated Xiotech technology to build a Web-accessible database for Make-a-Wish Foundation to store information on children and past wishes, medical records, etc.; and
- Supports avid employee volunteerism in Make-a-Wish Foundation fundraisers, including the “Walk for Wishes,” through the company’s Community Involvement Task Force.