Associate; Business Law
Jen is an associate in the firm of Briggs and Morgan, Professional Association. She is based in our Minneapolis office and is a member of the Business Law Section. Jen practices primarily in the areas of:
- Securities regulation
- Corporate governance
- Securities law aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation
- Corporate finance
- General commercial and corporate law
Jen represents companies in matters involving securities, corporate governance and corporate finance. She assists privately held and public company clients through the process of selling equity or debt securities (whether in a registered offering, private placement or PIPE transaction), and helps public company clients design and implement stock option plans, conduct shareholder communications and proxy solicitation, and comply with periodic reporting requirements under the 1934 Act.
She has served as the primary associate for transactions including:
- Initial public offering (IPO)
- $350 million offering of registered debt
- Follow-on equity offering by public company
- Shelf offering on Form S-3 and registered direct takedown
- Private placement of public equity (PIPE)
- Resale registration statement on behalf of selling shareholders
- Securities work in sale of public company client in a transaction valued at $7.8 billion
- Mergers and acquisitions of private companies
She also advises individuals and companies on a wide variety of contract and corporate issues, such as entity formation, employment agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and other commercial transactions. She is admitted to practice in Minnesota and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Jen earned a B.A. from St. Olaf College with an interdisciplinary paracollege major. Prior to attending law school, Jen worked in the nonprofit sector and as a senior writer and editor for a financial information company.
Jen graduated summa cum laude from Hamline University School of Law. She was valedictorian of her class. During law school, she served as a notes and comments editor for the Hamline Law Review and as an extern clerk to Judge Ann Montgomery, U.S. District Judge for the District of Minnesota. Jen joined Briggs as a clerk in 2005 and as an associate in 2007.