Shareholder; Business Law
Joseph is a shareholder based in the firm’s Minneapolis office. He is a member of the Business Law Section and practices principally in the areas of:
- Private equity
- Securities regulation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- General corporate law
- Energy law
With more than 20 years of experience, Joseph represents publicly and privately held companies and private equity firms across the U.S. in complex mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, financings, restructurings and other business transactions.
Recent representative experience includes:
- representing private equity firms in connection with investments, portfolio company operations and exit transactions;
- serving as lead attorney on a variety of complex public and private transactions including going private tender offers, proxy contests, exchange offers and restructurings;
- representing buyers and sellers in middle market mergers and acquisitions;
- representing buyers and sellers in the transfer of over 10,000 MW of power generation assets;
- representing public companies in ongoing compliance with securities regulations;
- representing public and private companies on best practices for corporate governance;
- advising on general corporate matters for a variety of regional and national business;
- representing securities issuers, underwriters and dealers in public offerings and private placements.
Prior to practicing law, Joseph began his career on Wall Street. He is listed in Minnesota Super Lawyers.
Admitted to practice in Minnesota and New York, Joseph is a member of the Minnesota and New York state bar associations. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from the University of Minnesota in 1983 and a J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1986. Joseph joined Briggs in 2010.