John Degnan Discusses Health Law in Episode of Healthcare MattersPrint PDFShare
In an episode of Healthcare Matters, shareholder John Degnan discussed how the move from paper to electronic medical records has altered best practices for entering patient data into a patient’s chart. Degnan is a member of the Association of Liability Lawyers in Medical Defense (ALL MD), a nationwide organization that connects healthcare providers with attorneys who specialize in medical malpractice defense. ALL MD was established by Cunningham Group to connect providers with lawyers who specialize in healthcare defense.
Highlights from John’s Healthcare Matters episode include:
- How Small Errors on an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Can Seriously Affect the Outcome of a Medical Malpractice Case
- Risk Management Advice for Physicians for Maintaining HIPAA Confidentiality Within the EMR System
- How Healthcare Professionals Can Avoid the Pitfalls Associated With an EMR Audit Log
- What Changes to the Design of Electronic Medical Records Do You Recommend
- Best Practices for Entering Data into Patients' Electronic Medical Records
- Can an Apology Reduce the Frequency of Medical Malpractice Claims?
- John Degnan Discusses a Malpractice Case He Defended and its Significance
- What is the Reptilian Theory in Medical Malpractice Claims?
- Do Higher Medical Malpractice Insurance Limits Increase the Cost of an Indefensible Claim?
- Does a Big-Box Retailer's Liability Risks Differ from a Clinic or Hospital?
Full interviews are available below: