Safeguarding Employers in 2016
Breakfast Briefing SeriesShare
Briggs and Morgan
2200 IDS Center
80 South 8th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Registration and Breakfast
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Hot Topics in Employment Law
- Expanding Regulatory Developments (Multi-jurisdiction compliance, new EEO-1, new FLSA salary bases, affirmative action)
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contractor Misclassification
- Non-Compete Consideration
- Religious Accommodation
- Social Media "Concerted Activities"
- Unemployment Comp Developments
- Basics of Handling Employee Theft
- Computer Forensics and the Departing Employee
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Wrap Plans: The What, Why and How
Employers are not required to have a wrap plan. But wrap plans have long been used as a way to ensure ERISA compliance for an employer’s group medical plan and other welfare benefit plans. And now the ACA gives employers another compelling reason to consider using a wrap plan. In this seminar, we will explain what a wrap plan is; why every employer that sponsors a group medical plan should consider having a wrap plan; and how an employer can get a wrap plan.
Space is limited and RSVP is required to Dena Edmiston at RSVP@briggs.com or 612-977-8581.
CLE and HRCI Credits Applied For