Keeping Up With Patent Remedies
What you need to know about injunctions and damages in patent infringement cases.Share
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Symposium and panel discussion
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Lunch in Auerbach Commons
The rules of the game for patent damages and other remedies are ever-changing. Our faculty of experts will help business and legal professionals better understand current patent remedies law, standards, and best practices in order to make informed strategy decisions going forward.
Topics will include:
- Causation: Proving and Refuting the Value of the Patented Feature
- Lost Profits Calculations
- The Entire Market Value Rule
- Winning Use of Damage Experts
- Dealing with FRAND
- Willfulness and Enhanced Damages
- Attorney’s Fees: When Is a Case "Exceptional" Under 35 U.S.C. § 285?
- Injunctive Relief
- Top Patent Law Developments Not Involving Remedies
Speakers and Panel Members:
- Thomas Cotter, University of Minnesota, Briggs and Morgan, Professor of Law
- Scott Flaherty, Shareholder, Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- Brian Jarrells, Senior Intellectual Property Attorney, Entrust Datacard
- Michael Lafeber, Shareholder, Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- Carol Ludington, President, Ludington Ltd.
- John Lunseth, Shareholder, Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
- Karen McDaniel, Shareholder, Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
Complimentary parking at Seven Corners Parking Ramp provided by Briggs and Morgan, P.A.
CLE credit has been requested.
RSVP by April 19 to z.umn.edu/2016patentsymposium