2009 Family Medical Leave Act UpdatePrint PDFShare
On November 17, 2008, the U.S. Department of Labor issued its Final Rule updating regulations regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). This marks the first change to FMLA regulations since previous regulations went into effect in April 1995. The new Final Rule will take effect January 16, 2009.
Please join attorneys Ann Huntrods and Michael C. Wilhelm for breakfast and an informative discussion on the revised regulations, which address the following topics:
• The new FMLA leave entitlements relating to military service;
• Employer and employee notice requirements;
• The definition of “serious health condition”;
• Medical certification;
• Fitness-for-duty certification;
• Intermittent leave; and
• Other important changes to the administration of FMLA leave.
Continental breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. The seminar will run from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. R.S.V.P to Sarah Sticha by e-mail.