Privacy and Data Security Landscape: The Shape of Things to ComePrint PDFShare
As new technologies emerge and the pace of information grows, so does the need for proper privacy and data security. Please join Briggs and Morgan attorneys to learn what you need to know about the everchanging laws on the use, collection and disposal of sensitive personal information.
Privacy in the Workplace
• “Googling” and other background checks
• Maintaining privacy on the job
• State and federal requirements compliance
State Data Security Breach Laws
• Duty to secure personal data
• Breach notification issues
FACTA Red Flags Rule – Overview
• Who must comply…who knows?
• Who enforces?
• Minimum requirements
Future Trends in Privacy
• Recent Federal Trade Commission activity
• Pending federal legislation
• Emerging American privacy model
• Individual protections best practices
Steve Brunn, shareholder; Employment, Benefits and Labor
Dan Rosenberg, shareholder; Business Law
Eric Rucker, shareholder; Business Litigation
Sally Scoggin, shareholder; Employment, Benefits and Labor
Jessica Stomski, associate; Business Litigation, Financial Markets
Michael Wilhelm, associate; Employment, Benefits and Labor
Application for CLE credits is pending. Registration and continental breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m. The seminar runs from 8 to 10 a.m.
Please RSVP by e-mail to Sarah Sticha by June 18, 2010.