Senior Events Specialist
We are seeking a team-oriented, intuitive professional to join our team as a senior events specialist. The senior events specialist designs and manages high-caliber events that help the firm build the brand and achieve its business-development goals.
- Leads the planning and execution of all aspects of marketing-related events, seminars/forums/roundtables, sponsorships, receptions, celebrations, and other events for the firm, including:
- Counsels attorneys and staff to set appropriate event goals that help achieve the firm's business development objectives.
- Formulates event budgets and crafts proposals for management committee approval.
- Leads event-planning meetings in collaboration with attorneys and drives continuous communication between all parties.
- Builds event-logistics timelines, including event promotion, materials production and post-event evaluation, and ensures plans stay on track.
- Negotiates date and fees with venue, including contract execution.
- Manages creation and maintenance of event mailing list and related approval process.
- Manages vendors, audio/visual, food, beverage, parking, entertainment, materials, parting gifts, set-up and tear-down details.
- Leads and manages the registration/greeting process.
- Leads the coordination of all assisting event staff.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise and decides how to best handle.
- Attends all events.
- Leads collaboration with the senior marketing communications specialist to develop and produce all event-related materials, including PowerPoint presentations, printed hand-outs/leave-behinds, and digital promotion tactics, and ensures high-quality and impactful deliverables. Ensures events are posted to appropriate marketing channels, including the firm's website, blogs and social media platforms.
- Leads collaboration with marketing manager to reach targeted media to attend and cover the event.
- Leads collaboration with design partners to create and produce event invitations, both print and electronic. Manages mailing and email distribution processes.
- Leads post-event evaluation meetings; advises attorneys and staff on areas of improvement; effectively explains deviations from plans; prepares concluding summaries and distributes to all parties; and maintains excellent event records and files.
- Leads the development of an event-promotion tools to upgrade the sophistication and efficiency of event registration, event promotion and event evaluation. Manages vendor and annual contract.
- Manages strategic marketing sponsorships for the firm and its practice areas. Facilitates kick-off meetings with attorneys at the onset of a sponsorship and leads attorneys through consideration of all aspects of sponsorship benefits. Manages the coordination of sponsorship benefits, including developing ads, identifying appropriate attendees, coordinating registration and payment, sending appropriate logo files, assembling the display table, recommending and purchasing swag, coordinating follow-up outreach, facilitates post-event evaluation and prepares summaries, and other related tasks, as appropriate.
- Manages the firm's suites, tickets, and special events/tickets for client entertainment. Builds and maintains relationships with facilities staff at stadiums and ticket brokers. Maintains the firm's suite-use policy and distribution of guidelines to attorneys annually. Orchestrates logistics of suite events, including ticket distribution, food/beverage order, and communication to all parties.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field.
- 5-8 years of marketing experience in a professional services organization.
- Experience with sophisticated event planning processes and event management tools.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Understanding of the business development process.
- Adept at influencing and persuading internal clients.
- Highly collaborative and able to build strong relationships.
- Client service oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of CRM software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign.
Director of Human Resources and Research Services
Business Development Strategist/Coach
We are seeking a team-oriented, intuitive professional to join our team as a business development strategist/coach. The person in this position is responsible for building and implementing the firm's strategy and attorney competency to develop and/or win new business.
- Develops relationships with shareholders, associates and relevant staff to foster an understanding of, and trust in, the business development process and role.
- Coaches and drives business development plans for practice areas and individual attorneys, including key business development initiatives identified by the strategic growth committee and firm leadership. Continually meets with attorneys to keep efforts moving forward. Decides when to pivot from plans and when to maintain course. Evaluates business development initiatives annually and recommends improvements.
- Advises and leads attorneys through new-business opportunities, including prospecting initiatives, responses to leads and cold calls, capabilities meetings, pitches and networking opportunities. Provides tools and support to attorneys to maximize opportunities to develop business.
- Advises attorneys on RFP response strategy, including pricing and AFA strategies. Leads the firm's RFP response process.
- Orchestrates cross-selling opportunities with attorneys and drives implementation efforts.
- Designs and leads the firm's client feedback initiatives, working closely with firm leadership.
- Leads associates through business development training.
- Advises and coaches laterals on effective business development plans.
- Bachelor's degree is required or related experience equivalent in legal marketing preferred.
- Minimum eight to 10 years relevant experience working in a professional services firm.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal relations, written and oral communication skills required; strong customer service attitude.
- Ability to coordinate many issues/projects at once; work well under pressure; good problem solver, fast thinker.
- Strong leadership, relationship, organizational and planning skills.
- Team player and leader, with the ability to train others.
- Analytical, combined with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and excellent judgment in navigating sensitive issues.
- A motivated and motivational leader who can engage others, including peers, other professional staff and lawyers, in the collaborative pursuit of the highest level of work and productivity.
- Ability to lead as well as serve as a team member of cross-department initiatives.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Director of Human Resources and Research Services
2017 J-TERM INTERNSHIP
Briggs and Morgan is seeking candidates for its J-Term Internship Program. The purpose of the program is to increase opportunities for diverse students to become acquainted with the practice of law and to help them determine if they want to pursue a legal career. J-Term Interns become involved in the daily operations of a law firm by assisting attorneys and paralegals, observing court proceedings, and attending meetings. Eligible applicants will be in their undergraduate junior or senior year during the 2017 J-term period and be able to work full-time during the program.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, undergraduate transcript, and 1-2 references using the following link:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through November 30, 2016.
Application Support/Developer Specialist
We are seeking a full time application support/developer specialist. Primary role is supporting and administering the organization’s software solutions, including providing expert support, problem resolution, updating software, integrating with other solutions, solution configuration, selecting new software solutions to meet the organization’s needs and documentation.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain enterprise applications/solutions, databases and reporting services. Applications include Aderant, Intapp Open, SharePoint and other applications as required.
- Provide integration services using Workflow Solutions.
- Perform typical administrative activities such as server/system health (patches/upgrades), performance monitoring, user account management and security, and user issue resolution for the software you are responsible for supporting.
- Provide reporting services to other administrative departments.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing procedures and system requirements that meet business requirements.
- Provide project support for complex initiatives or applications, create project timelines and technical deliverables.
- Participate in the gathering and documenting of requirements from non-technical business users.
- Manage projects to completion through all phases of the project management lifecycle: Business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, status updates/meetings, development, testing, deployment and closure as required.
- Assist with other special projects and/or support as required.
- Collaborate with database administrator with the support and enhancements of the environment.
- Provide back-up support to the database administrator.
- 5+ years' experience with business information systems integration or custom business application development/integration in a professional services environment.
- Expertise in 3 or more of the following: Programming with .NET Framework; Web Services; SharePoint Portal Server 2010/Windows SharePoint Services; T-SQL programming; Web programming (HTML, ASP.NET, jQuery, MVC); Data integration; Data reporting.
- Microsoft SQL Server Database programming and design experience, including relational database design, stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, and security, analysis, integration and reporting services.
- ASP.NET and client web development (XML, XSL, ASP .NET, AJAX, HTML, Java Script).
- Strong customer interaction skills and ability to understand and document customer needs from a business solutions perspective required.
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers, having a high degree of contact with other employees, clients and prospects.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, design, and most critically, attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations and multiple projects.
- Previous experience in a legal environment a plus.
- Accounting experience is a plus.
Director of Human Resources and Research Services
LEGAL TECHNOLOGY TRAINING SPECIALIST
We are seeking a full-time legal technology training specialist to create, test, implement and maintain a comprehensive training curriculum for software and hardware to effectively utilize the firm’s computer resources.
- Developing curricula and instructional materials for computer users throughout the firm
- Conducting training on the firm’s core software applications and systems
- Participating in the testing and implementation of new software and versions
- Working with lawyers and staff to achieve efficiencies through the effective use of the firm’s computer systems and resources
- Assisting with special projects related to training and assessment
- Providing second level document creation support to users as needed
- Related Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of software training experience (experience in a law firm strongly preferred)
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of a firm/company, and excellent interpersonal/customer service skills
- Experience training MS Office Suite required; experience training eDocs DM and/or other document management systems, MacPac, DocXTools, and legal software for file opening, file closing, timekeeping, etc., is strongly preferred
Human Resources Manager