Technical Support Representative
We are seeking a full-time Technical Support Representative who will provide technical support in setup, use and problem resolution as it relates to new and existing hardware and software.
This role reports to the Computer Systems Manager.
- Serves as "help-desk" by responding to hardware and software related problems/questions.
- Provides physical inventory of desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and related equipment.
- Responsible for desktop/laptop installation and moves; customizing desktop/laptop for end-user; performing configuration changes and software installs.
- Maintain and be familiar with setup checklists for all models of desktops and laptops.
- Responsible for assisting in lower level network tasks including connectivity and network printers; train personnel on use of hardware technology and software as needed.
- Responsible for troubleshooting unexpected problems associated with desktops, laptops, and monitors; determine necessary repair and warranty of such hardware.
- Make inventory recommendations/purchases when needed.
- Be familiar with and able to troubleshoot smart phones, tablets and related wireless technologies.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships (treats clients, co-workers and visitors with respect, is courteous and helpful in all contacts, maintains professionalism under pressure).
- Communicates effectively (able to clearly express ideas/opinions, uses appropriate, and effective communication methods, deals with firm employees and clients openly and honestly, is receptive and attentive to communication/feedback from firm employees and clients).
- Demonstrates teamwork (is receptive to and acts upon input from others, is willing and able to compromise as needed, displays willingness to work with all firm employees, willingly assists others with overload work as requested and able).
- Demonstrates initiative (contributes new ideas, is self-motivated, obtains/maintains a working knowledge of relevant areas).
- Demonstrates organizational skills and effective use of time (ability to plan daily work, set priorities and manage time to ensure work is timely and efficiently completed).
- Demonstrates flexibility (willing to adjust to changes in job requirements and scheduling).
- Exhibits dependability (is present and prepared for work as scheduled, appropriately uses time off policies, schedules lunch and breaks according to department needs).
- Utilizes firm procedures and resources appropriately to ensure efficient delivery of work product.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards (keeps confidential all information concerning firm matters and clients).
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and/or special projects as assigned.
- Technical skills and knowledge of hardware and software including laptop, desktop and Windows operating system environment as acquired through an Associate degree in a computer or technology related field or equivalent experience.
- Two years of work experience with hardware, mobile devices, Windows operating systems and with Microsoft Office 2007 or greater.
- Technical skills and ability to operate, troubleshoot and coach others in hardware and software related problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary in order to provide customer service and communicate information in an understandable manner with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to transport, install, and maintain equipment, including personal computers, laser printers and monitors, including component (circuit board, disk drive, power supply) installation. This requires occasional transportation of devices in excess of 50 lbs, and lying, stooping and bending in order to fully install various pieces of equipment.
- Work may require irregular hours and often requires more than 37.50 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Regular attendance is essential.
Interested candidates should contact Ellen Drasin at firstname.lastname@example.org.