Application Support Specialist
Position is available for a full time Application Support Specialist
This position’s primary role is supporting and administering the organization’s software solutions, including providing expert support and problem resolution.
Reports to: Infrastructure Manager
- Configure and deploy enterprise applications for both local and network based installations, adhering to all business requirements, hosting server/platform usage standards, and application best practices.
- Monitor and maintain application services and underlying server/platform for performance, utilization, security, and availability, following all standards and remediate as necessary in a timely manner.
- Ensure data integrity and access controls are maintained to comply with business needs and confidentiality requirements.
- Update and maintain user-facing content and forms within applications as needed and provide user guidance for increased self-service.
- Continually review application lifecycles, advise and manage upgrades to maintain relevancy, compatibility, and security.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing procedures and system requirements for new applications being reviewed.
- Package and deploy software updates to workstation computers using software deployment tools and scripting, tracking and verifying results through completion.
- Provide timely and relevant Level 3 user support, analyze and troubleshoot all support requests to determine root cause, and provide meaningful resolutions utilizing Vendor Support when needed while adhering to ticketing procedures and SLA requirements.
- An Associate’s degree in Information Technology, related training, or IT certifications that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- 5+ years of work experience in supporting and managing enterprise applications and working with vendors and consultants.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary in order to provide customer service and communicate information in an understandable manner with courtesy and tact.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Windows 8.1/10 and Microsoft Office 2010/2016.
- Understanding of Windows Server basic operations and security, including Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Strong knowledge of SCCM or equivalent software packaging and deployment.
- Experience in scripting automation for deployment processes and remote management.
- Understanding of SharePoint administration or equivalent web development.
- Understanding of MS SQL administration and maintenance, SQL Reporting a plus.
- Knowledge in legal specific application including iManage, Aderant, Interaction, IPRO, KwikTag, and Billback is desired.
Interested candidates should apply by resume to Ellen Drasin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER