Technical Support Representative
Position is available for a full time Technical Support Representative: This position provides technical support in setup, use and problem resolution as it relates to new and existing hardware and software. Maintains positive contact with lawyers, staff and clients and observes confidentiality in all firm and client matters.
- Serves as "help-desk" by responding to hardware and software related problems/questions.
- Provides physical inventory of desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and related equipment.
- Responsible for desktop/laptop installation and moves; customizing desktop/laptop for end-user; performing configuration changes and software installs.
- Maintain and be familiar with setup checklists for all models of desktops and laptops.
- Responsible for assisting in lower level network tasks including connectivity and network printers; train personnel on use of hardware technology and software as needed.
- Responsible for troubleshooting unexpected problems associated with desktops, laptops, and monitors; determine necessary repair and warranty of such hardware.
- Make inventory recommendations/purchases when needed.
- Be familiar with and able to troubleshoot smart phones, tablets and related wireless technologies.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships (treats clients, co-workers and visitors with respect, is courteous and helpful in all contacts, maintains professionalism under pressure).
- Communicates effectively (able to clearly express ideas/opinions, uses appropriate, and effective communication methods, deals with firm employees and clients openly and honestly, is receptive and attentive to communication/feedback from firm employees and clients).
- Demonstrates teamwork (is receptive to and acts upon input from others, is willing and able to compromise as needed, displays willingness to work with all firm employees, willingly assists others with overload work as requested and able).
- Demonstrates initiative (contributes new ideas, is self-motivated, obtains/maintains a working knowledge of relevant areas).
- Demonstrates organizational skills and effective use of time (ability to plan daily work, set priorities and manage time to ensure work is timely and efficiently completed).
- Demonstrates flexibility (willing to adjust to changes in job requirements and scheduling).
- Exhibits dependability (is present and prepared for work as scheduled, appropriately uses time off policies, schedules lunch and breaks according to department needs).
- Utilizes firm procedures and resources appropriately to ensure efficient delivery of work product.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards (keeps confidential all information concerning firm matters and clients).
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and/or special projects as assigned.
- Technical skills and knowledge of hardware and software including laptop, desktop and Windows operating system environment as acquired through an Associate degree in a computer or technology related field or equivalent experience.
- Two years of work experience with hardware, mobile devices, Windows operating systems and with Microsoft Office 2007 or greater.
- Technical skills and ability to operate, troubleshoot and coach others in hardware and software related problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary in order to provide customer service and communicate information in an understandable manner with courtesy and tact.
- Ability to transport, install, and maintain equipment, including personal computers, laser printers and monitors, including component (circuit board, disk drive, power supply) installation. This requires occasional transportation of devices in excess of 50 lbs, and lying, stooping and bending in order to fully install various pieces of equipment.
- Work may require irregular hours and often requires more than 37.50 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Regular attendance is essential.
Please submit resume and salary expectations to email@example.com
Senior Client Development & Marketing Manager
We currently have an opening for a Senior Client Development & Marketing Manager. The Senior Client Development & Marketing Manager is a core member of the Client Development & Marketing (CDM) team and is responsible for leading and executing the ongoing business development and marketing efforts for sections and industries for Briggs and Morgan. Reporting to the Director of Client Development & Marketing, this position will provide strategic guidance and execute tactics identified to achieve specific business development, marketing, and client retention and expansion objectives for sections and industries across the firm. This is a highly visible, shareholder-facing position that will work closely with section leaders, individual shareholders, other members of the CDM team and various internal operations departments.
- Develops relationships with shareholders, associates, and relevant staff to foster an understanding of, and trust in, the client development process and role.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of practice areas by tracking key clients, market developments, competitive and business intelligence, and leveraging internal and external resources.
- Coaches and drives client development plans for sections and individual attorneys, including key business development initiatives identified by the Director of Client Development & Marketing and firm leadership.
- Continually meets with attorneys to keep efforts moving forward. Decides when to pivot from plans and when to maintain course.
- Proactively identifies client development opportunities by monitoring industry and client news and developments and communicating and tracking lead generation opportunities to the attorneys.
- Works with attorneys to implement strategies and tactics to help the Firm develop and expand client relationships and win new business.
- Orchestrates and contributes to firm-wide cross-selling efforts by identifying targets, helping to articulate section-driven business development strategies, and working with attorneys on specific business development objectives.
- Monitors industry and trade organizations for upcoming events, speaking engagements, opportunities for thought leadership, and sponsorships.
- Oversees the preparation of pitches, presentations, RFP responses, background materials and general section marketing materials.
- Attends, participates in, and helps lead section meetings as appropriate.
- Advises and leads attorneys through new-business opportunities, including prospecting initiatives, responses to leads and cold calls, capabilities meetings, pitches and networking opportunities. Provides tools and support to attorneys to maximize opportunities to develop business.
- Works to develop and maintain best practices for client development and marketing across all sections.
- Collaborates across the CDM department to ensure transparency, knowledge-sharing, increased team efficiencies, and to maximize the firm’s resources.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Bachelor’s degree is required or related experience equivalent in legal marketing preferred.
- Minimum eight to ten years relevant experience working in a professional services firm.
- Superior written communication, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and be a good problem solver.
- Intellectual curiosity related to law firms, lawyers, and the various areas of law handled by the firm;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead initiatives and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Proactive business development professional who can lead initiatives.
- Possess strong knowledge of the legal market
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to synthesize actionable reports and business development strategies from a wide variety of data and sources.
- Strong leadership, relationship, organizational and planning skills.
- Team player and leader, with the ability to train others.
- Analytical, combined with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and excellent judgment in navigating sensitive issues.
- A motivated and motivational leader who can engage others, including peers, other professional staff, and lawyers, in the collaborative pursuit of the highest level of work and productivity.
- Ability to lead as well as serve as a team member of cross-department initiatives.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and change while enhancing employee productivity and work ethic.
- Collegial and consensus-building, with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Well organized and sufficiently methodical such that others can easily follow.
- Ability to find unique solutions to both simple and complex problems.
- Demonstrates resilience after debate and the ability to project a united front with firm management.
- Proactive and self-directed.
- Ability to maintain composure and focus under pressure.
Please submit resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager of Lawyer Talent
We currently have an opening for a Manager of Lawyer Talent. This position will be responsible for working on all aspects of firm-wide legal recruiting, including law student recruiting, associate hiring, and lateral hiring. Additionally, this position will support professional development and diversity initiatives in the firm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advancing recruiting strategies set forth by the Director of Lawyer Talent and firm leadership;
- Coordinating law student recruiting efforts, including OCI;
- Managing 1L recruiting, the firm’s summer associate program, and law school events;
- Managing all aspects of lateral attorney hiring, in conjunction with the Director of Lawyer Talent, including screening resumes, conducting introductory interviews, collecting and analyzing due diligence, determining the best process for continued consideration, facilitating interview schedules, and maintaining communications with candidates throughout the recruiting process;
- Assisting in the implementation of the firm’s strategic hiring initiatives;
- Establishing, maintaining, and building relationships with third-party recruiters;
- Working with the Director of Lawyer Talent and others in Human Resources to track recruiting metrics and refine data-gathering efforts;
- Leading onboarding and orientation for new attorneys;
- Supporting efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion throughout the Firm consistent with the Firm’s D&I goals and objectives;
- Assisting in the implementation of the firm-wide strategic direction for attorney education, training, and professional development consistent with the Firm's objectives;
- Assisting in planning, managing, and delivering training programs and firm-wide programs including engagement surveys, mentoring opportunities, and exit interviews in order to enhance retention and further development of our attorneys;
- Supporting Associate Evaluation Process, ensuring that associates have regular, meaningful, and actionable feedback to ensure continuous growth and development; and,
- Working with Director of Lawyer Talent on strategic initiatives, including analyzing attrition and creating innovative ways to retain talent and develop training.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in recruiting, professional development, and/or diversity, preferably within a law firm or law school.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as human resources or communications (candidates with a JD or MA in Human Resources Management are strongly preferred.)
- Superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills, strong project management skills, and exceptional attention to detail are required.
- Knowledge of current technology related to managing recruiting and human resources processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task in a busy work environment.
- The ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
Please submit resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.