Paralegal – Public Finance
We currently have a full-time paralegal position available.
Responsibilities include preparing drafts of preliminary election and improvement proceedings, drafting of resolutions, documents and certificates in connection with tax-exempt financings; tax increment subsidies, industrial development and hospital bonds and notes; supervision of document organization and coordinating documents for closing and post-closing; attending and assisting at closings and preparing various federal and state filings.
Qualified candidates will have effective oral and written communication skills, demonstrated analytical ability and strong organization skills; ability to solve problems, balance priorities and manage multiple projects and activities. General understanding and knowledge of state and local government financing required. An associate or bachelor’s degree, or paralegal certificate or equivalent, and 3+ years related experience required.
Human Resources Manager
Pro Bono Coordinator (part time)
We are seeking a part time pro bono coordinator to manage the day to day coordination and administration of all of the firm’s pro bono activities including implementing the firm’s strategic goals for pro bono activity, serving as liaison to community legal service providers, and matching pro bono cases to attorney interest.
This role reports to the chair of the pro bono committee and the executive director. This role also supervises the legal administrative assistant for pro bono.
- Develop opportunities for pro bono work that complements client goals, attorney development, and community service activities.
- Communicate pro bono opportunities to attorneys.
- Recruit attorneys to staff legal clinics and programs to which the firm has committed.
- Serve as a liaison to legal service providers, courts, bar associations, and related community organizations.
- Serve as primary contact for pro bono requests from organizations.
- Analyze and screen incoming requests for pro bono work, refer as appropriate to attorneys based on their interests, availability, and professional development goals.
- Develop and maintain pro bono-related content for firm’s internal web “portal” and firm website, publicize upcoming pro bono events.
- Assist with pro bono orientation for new attorneys and summer associates.
- Coordinate and communicate pro bono training events for attorneys.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- J.D. preferred but not required
- At least three years prior experience with Minnesota’s system for providing legal services to low income people, or similarly transferrable experience
- Prior experience with law firm pro bono coordination strongly preferred
- Ability to lead projects, work in a team environment, take initiative, and motivate others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work productively with people of varied backgrounds and interests, ranging from low-income clients to attorneys within the firm
- Knowledge and familiarity working with low-income communities and legal resources available for low-income individuals
- Working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Internet resources
Director of Human Resources and Research Services