Commercial Finance Counsel
Join an innovative team of top commercial finance attorneys working at the intersection of law and finance, providing counsel and advice while changing the way legal services are delivered to financial institutions, corporations and a variety of lenders and borrowers. Whether you’re an experienced attorney or a quick learner with an interest in commercial finance coupled with strong drafting and critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
This role is intended for an individual with outstanding legal and organizational skills who is seeking a role without marketing or new business generation expectations. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong contract drafting skills are essential.
The Commercial Finance Counsel role will consist of billable client work as well as legal project management, knowledge management, and practice support duties. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial finance loan documentation (including credit agreements, security agreements, note purchase agreements, subordination agreements, guarantees, intercreditor agreements, and other ancillary corporate documentation) and delivering such documents in an efficient manner.
- Identifying and analyzing legal issues and raising relevant issues to attorneys and clients while providing guidance, advice and counsel.
- Preparing and maintaining transaction checklists.
- Monitoring deal progress and status of documentation.
- Creating and updating forms and template documents.
- Communicating with attorneys, staff and clients on transaction status, documentation needs, legal issues and more.
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or issues to their attention.
- Responding effectively to questions and requests of clients and attorneys.
- Building relationships with clients, attorneys and staff based on trust.
- Executing and developing strategies to resolve matters favorably, efficiently and cost-effectively for clients.
- Performing other duties to ensure that clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state
- Minimum of three years’ experience practicing law
- Excellent contract drafting skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, unrelated projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Commercial finance and/or commercial real estate finance legal experience
- Up-to-date understanding of legal issues affecting commercial lenders and borrowers
- Significant experience drafting, analyzing and negotiating complex documents
- Knowledge of finance law issues including the UCC
What We Offer:
- Ability to work remotely (full or part-time)
- Designated hours (20-40 hours/week)
- Innovative work environment that supports professional development
- Autonomous file management in collaboration with colleagues
- Professional relationships with local and national clients
- Competitive compensation
Interested applicants may apply through the following link: