Briggs and Morgan, P.A. is seeking attorneys with 2-5 years of securities and business transactional experience to join the Business Law Section as associates.
Briggs has a robust securities and M&A practice, and we represent large public and private corporations and upper middle market businesses in a number of industries, including health care, insurance, manufacturing, medical device, technology, private equity firms, banking, entertainment, and professional sports teams.
Ideal candidates will have strong experience in federal securities law and working on M&A transactions. Finance and/or accounting background is a plus.
Other Areas of Experience Preferred Include:
- Representing issuers in securities transactions, federal securities regulatory compliance, and corporate governance matters;
- Handling various aspects of M&A transactions, including conducting due diligence, drafting purchase agreements and ancillary documents, and working with deal team members in other departments; and,
- Researching issues related to securities laws and M&A matters.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Licensed to practice law in Minnesota
- Minimum of two to five years of relevant securities experience
- Experience with ‘34 Act required; experience with ‘33 Act preferred; experience with ‘40 Act and private offerings is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Sound judgment, including the ability to identify and escalate issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
What We Offer:
- Innovative work environment that supports professional development
- Professional relationships with local, regional, and national clients
- A collegial and collaborative work environment
- Recently renovated law firm offices
- Competitive compensation and benefits
To apply for this position, please click HERE to fill out our online application.
If you have any technical difficulties, please contact Mackenzie Dalton (email@example.com)