Vermont Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
- Vermont Law Review (Articles Editor)
- Academic Excellence Awards: Highest grades in Evidence and Energy Regulation and the Environment
- Dean's List
St. Olaf College, B.A., 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- Western District of Wisconsin
Rikaela is an associate in the firm’s Energy section and practices primarily in the areas of:
- Public utility regulation
- Energy industry regulation and commercial transactions
- Administrative law and procedure
Rikaela represents utilities and other energy market participants on a range of state and federal energy regulation matters, with a focus on traditional electric and natural gas utility rate cases, plant construction and retirements, and retail electric and natural gas supplier compliance.
Before joining Briggs, Rikaela was an associate at a national firm, where she gained extensive experience in ratemaking and regulatory law.
In law school, Rikaela was an articles editor for Vermont Law Review and a research associate for the Institute for Energy and the Environment. She earned her B.A. in political science and environmental studies from St. Olaf College.
Rikaela is not currently licensed to practice in Minnesota.
Women's Energy Network, Member
Public Utilities Section of the Wisconsin State Bar, Treasurer and Board Member
- December 2, 2019