William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2010
University of Minnesota, B.S., 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Andy Dosdall is an associate in the firm’s Business Litigation section. He practices primarily in the areas of business, employment, and real estate litigation and has experience litigating real estate, shareholder, business and employment disputes through all phases, including trial.
Before joining Briggs and Morgan, Andy was an associate at SeilerSchindel. Prior to SeilerSchindel, Andy had his own practice assisting small businesses with litigation needs.
Andy earned his Juris Doctorate from William Mitchell College of Law and his Bachelor’s from the University of Minnesota. During law school, he was an intern for the Honorable Judge William R. Howard and a research assistant to Professor R. Carl Moy.
Andy has been a Minnesota State High School Mock Trial Judge, a Boy Scouts Merit Badge Counselor, and a chess player.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017- 2019
- Prosecuted business divorce on behalf of disenfranchised partner from complaint through trial securing six figure judgment, doubled, plus attorneys’ fees. Then, in a bifurcated second trial, before a different judge, successfully pierced the corporate veil of the corporation to hold Plaintiff’s former partner personally liable.
- Successfully defended former employees from trade secret and business tort allegations from complaint through trial.
- Achieved post-TRO dismissal in defending a group of employees from trade secret and business tort allegations.
- Secured favorable settlement terms in the prosecution of terminated minority shareholder based on the enforcement of oral contracts.
- Secured and worked closely with co-counsel to prosecute class-action Minn. Stat. Ch. 181 claims with over 1,000 individual class members.
- Defended summary judgment in prosecution of misrepresentation claims related to the purchase of investment real estate.
- Litigated and favorably settled with former employees who wrongfully terminated employment with multimillion-dollar real estate investment company under business tort and trade secret claims.
- Defended accused Doctor from sexual harassment allegations, reaching a favorable settlement after extremely adversarial litigation.
- Conducted post-judgment collection proceedings of large and small debts.
- Conducted dozens of evictions – residential and commercial.
- Defended nuisance suits against property management companies, collection agencies, and individuals.
Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, Pro-Se Project Attorney
Loaves and Fishes, Volunteer
Andy has represented multiple clients through the Pro Se Project, a pro bono program of the Federal District of Minnesota. Andy has also represented multiple private litigants on a pro bono basis achieving among other things: the return of a service dog to an indigent client and a favorable settlement on behalf of a vulnerable adult evicted from his apartment.