Creighton University School of Law, J.D., 1991, Magna Cum Laude
- Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Honor Society)
Creighton University, B.A., 1987, Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Pat Mascia is the head of firm’s Real Estate section and has nearly 27 years of experience as a commercial real estate lawyer, investor, asset manager, finance and dispositions professional and developer. His principal areas of practice are:
- Commercial real estate development and leasing
- Commercial real estate acquisitions, finance and dispositions
- Zoning and land use
- Structured and project finance
- Commercial and corporate finance
Pat rejoined Briggs, where he started his career as an associate, after working in commercial real estate and development for 17 years. Most recently, he worked for Duke Realty Corporation where he was Senior Vice President-Minneapolis/St. Paul Operations. There, he was responsible for the management, operations and profitability of Duke Realty’s Minnesota operations, including all land acquisition, leasing, property management, asset management, construction and development. During his 10 years at Duke, Pat and his team:
- Acquired 150 acres of land and leased its multimillion square foot portfolio to 97 percent occupancy,
- Built the Wilder Center (the 100,000 sf LEED Gold Certified headquarters of the Amherst H. Wilder Foundation),
- Developed approximately 1 million square feet of industrial buildings,
- Developed Norman Pointe II, a 320,000 sf LEED Certified Class “A” office building currently leased to Hartford Insurance Company and the GSA.
- Redeveloped a blighted 32-acre land parcel known as “The West End,” consisting today of The Shops at West End, the Flats at West End apartments and the future Towers at West End
Prior to working for Duke, Pat worked for Opus Properties as Vice President of Dispositions, Finance and Investments where he was responsible for leading Opus’ Buyer Coverage Program and all disposition and finance activities for the Opus investment funds and other Opus related entities. In this capacity, Pat closed over $1 billion of commercial real estate borrowing, acquisition and disposition transactions.
Opus U.S. Corporation initially hired Pat as Associate General Counsel where he served as counsel to Opus North Corporation, Opus South Corporation and Opus East, LLC, including the family of commercial real estate investment funds headed by Opus Properties (now known as Founders Properties), which included institutional and private investors.
A frequent speaker on various commercial real estate topics, Pat also has frequently testified to the Minnesota Legislature on various topics impacting the commercial real estate industry.
While in law school, Pat was Lead Articles Editor of the Creighton Law Review.
- Representing the Minnesota Vikings and its owners in connection with the acquisition of the 200 acre former Delta Airlines headquarters campus in Eagan, Minnesota and the entitlement, development and leasing of the “Viking Lakes” mixed-use project that includes the new headquarters and training facility for the Vikings, known as the “Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center,” a build-to-suit medical office building for Twin Cities Orthopedics and a sports medicine center building. Future phases include multifamily residential, retail, hotel and office projects.
- Representing the lead developer in connection with the redevelopment of the 60 acre Upper Harbor Terminal site in North Minneapolis with amphitheater, residential, retail, office and light industrial uses.
- Represented a national developer in connection with the development, leasing, construction and financing (in part with TIF) of a 400,000 square foot industrial build-to-suit in Lino Lakes, Minnesota for Distribution Alternatives, Inc.
- Representing a national real estate investor and developer in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of the former Macy’s Department Store in downtown Minneapolis, now known as “The Dayton’s Project.”
- Represented a national real estate investor in connection with the acquisition of the historic Renaissance Square building in downtown Minneapolis.
- Representing the developer of a multifamily residential and retail development, financed in part with TIF, at 49 ½ Street and 50th Avenue in Edina, Minnesota.
- Representing a national real estate developer in connection with the formation of a joint venture to develop a 60 acre site in San Antonio, Texas for industrial uses.
- Representing a national real estate investor in connection with the sale of distribution facilities in Denver, Colorado; Shakopee, Minnesota; and Chanhassen, Minnesota.
- Represented the co-developer of the Intercontinental Hotel project at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Former President
- Public Policy, Program and Long Range Planning Committees, Former Chair
Twin West Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Board of Directors
Discover St. Louis Park, Past Member, Board of Directors
ULI Minnesota, Member, Advisory Board, Former Chair
- Management Committee Member
- Governance Committee Chair
Minnesota Real Estate Journal, Member, Advisory Board
Neighborhood House Association, Former President
Creighton University National Alumni Board, Former President
Creighton University Board of Directors, Former Member
- May 3, 2018
- September 6, 2017
- May 26, 2017
- October 30, 2015
- November 20, 2014
- May 1, 2014
- November 20, 2014