University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2007, Cum Laude
University of Minnesota, B.A., 2004, Summa Cum Laude, With Distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
Nathan is a shareholder in the firm's Business Law section. He practices principally in the areas of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity and venture capital
- Corporate finance
- Securities regulation and disclosure
- Corporate governance and board representation
Nathan advises private and public companies and their boards on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, private and public equity and debt offerings and general corporate matters. Nathan also advises private equity and venture capital funds on formation and portfolio company management and publicly traded companies on SEC reporting and compliance, including drafting and reviewing registration statements, periodic reports, proxy statements and press releases.
He has represented a broad range of clients in the financial services, oil and gas, healthcare, food and beverage production, real estate, and telecommunications industries.
Prior to joining Briggs, Nathan was a partner in the New Orleans office of Jones Walker.
Nathan assisted on the following matters:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- A publicly traded utility in its acquisition of wind project interests.
- A publicly traded oil and gas company in its acquisition of a vessel company.
- A privately held coffee company in its acquisition of an additional coffee roasting company and facilities.
- A publicly-traded international telecommunications company in its acquisition of outsourced enterprise infrastructure management solutions business.
- An international luxury goods manufacturer and seller in its acquisition of a materials supplier.
- A privately held beverage supplier in the sale of substantially all of its assets.
- A family office in its acquisition, governance and divestiture of numerous private equity, venture capital and hedge fund investments.
- A publicly traded health care company in roll-up acquisitions of numerous private home health and hospice services businesses.
- A privately held mortgage industry company in its acquisition of a registered broker-dealer.
- A privately held health system in its acquisition of a medical equipment business.
- A privately held life insurance company in its acquisition of an insurance brokerage business.
- An oil and gas exploration management team in securing a capital support commitment from a multi-billion dollar private equity fund.
- A publicly traded bank holding company in retail public offering of $150 million aggregate principal amount of subordinated notes.
- A publicly traded oil and gas services company in connection with 144A offering and subsequent A-B exchange for $500 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- A publicly traded bank holding company in tender offer for $75 million aggregate principal amount of its bank subsidiary’s outstanding subordinated notes.
- A publicly traded oil and gas services company in connection with 144A offering and subsequent A-B exchange for $800 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes.
- A publicly traded oil and gas exploration company in connection with public offering of common and preferred stock for aggregate consideration of $170 million.
- A privately held oil and gas industry issuer in $100 million private bond offering.
- A privately held mortgage industry company in formation and capitalization of its first and second private equity funds and associated alternative investment vehicles with aggregate capital commitments of $78 million and $91 million, respectively.
- A pharmaceutical industry company in $80 million going public transaction involving a reverse merger into an existing public shell company.
- A privately held food additive startup company in $1.1 million private offering.
- October 21, 2015
- "M&A Broker Dealers: No-Action Relief from Registration"2014
- "Pitfalls for Private Fundraising: New Developments Impacting Unregistered Brokers, Finders and Investment Advisers"2013
- "Organizational Structure, Documents, and Your Founding Team," The Idea VillageNovember 27, 2012
- "Building a Winning Team - The Importance of Early Founders' Agreements," The Idea Village Entrepreneur WeekMarch 12, 2012