University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2006, Cum Laude
University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management B.S.B., 2003, With Distinction
Bar & Court Admissions
Michelle Schultz is a member of the Business Law section and focuses her practice in the areas of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity transactions
- Commercial contracts
- Entity formation and business planning
- Corporate governance
- General commercial and corporate law
Michelle has nearly 10 years of experience advising publicly and privately held businesses in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, software and website development, transportation, professional services and real estate management.
Michelle also has international merger and acquisition experience. She has represented private equity clients in acquisitions in Canada and Europe.
Prior to joining Briggs, Michelle practiced in the corporate group in the Phoenix, AZ office of a top 200 law firm. While in law school, she was a Moot Court board member.
Michelle has assisted in the following transactions:
- Purchase of UK-based cash drawer manufacturing and technology company with operations across Europe.
- Purchase of a shooting target and firearm accessory company.
- Purchase of a trucking tarp manufacturing company and related domestic and international add-on acquisitions.
- Purchase of a wine capsule manufacturing company.
- Purchase of an oilfield services company.
- Purchase of an investment casting company.
- Purchase of an aftermarket automobile parts company.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Purchase of a $70 million national consumer electronics company.
- Sale of a $715 million medical products division of a global distributor of health products and services.
- Purchase of numerous practice locations across the country for a national architecture, engineering and space planning firm.
- Purchase of an airline for a private buyer.
- Purchase of a reusable and recyclable glassware company.
- Sale of a hunting bow design and manufacturing company.
- Sale of a rebate processing and payment company.
- Sale of a generator distribution company.
- Purchase of numerous add-on locations of real estate management and brokerage firms located in the Western half of the country.
- Sale of controlling interest in construction company.
- Purchase of the assets of a data recovery software development company for a privately-held software solutions and development company.
- Sale of a national specialty pharmacy company to a private equity firm.
Other general corporate experience:
- Spin-off of a line of business that provides food items for the convenience market.
- Negotiating and structuring limited liability companies and partnerships for multiple parties.
- Review of commercial contracts for a cutting tool manufacturer.
- Assist multiple debt and equity investors in various health and lifestyle companies.
- Review of commercial contracts for a global distributor of health products and services.
- Private placement of debt and equity securities for start-up and small e-commerce, website and software development companies.
Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
Arizona State Bar Association, Member
Twin Cities Diversity in Practice – Ambassador Program
Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
Wills for Heroes
State Bar of Arizona, The Young Lawyers Division
- October 22, 2015