University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1984, Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- Thurston Society
University of St. Thomas, B.A., 1980, Magna Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Mike McEllistrem formerly served as chair of Briggs and Morgan's Commercial department. He is a member of the Business Law section and practices principally in the areas of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial law
- General corporate law
- Closely held corporations
- Family business succession
- Represents closely held corporations as outside general counsel in a variety of industries, including construction equipment manufacturing, timberland management and distribution, electronic materials and food production.
- Represents utilities and other energy related companies in connection with the production and distribution of electrical energy.
- Represented a variety of entities in health care related transactions, including development of a senior living campus, sale of a hospital and sales of medical practices.
American Bar Association, Member
Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
Ramsey County Bar Association, Member
- August 1, 2018
- September 27, 2016
- March 2, 2016
- January 7, 2016
- March 3, 2014