University of Minnesota, J.D., 2009, Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
University of St. Thomas, B.A., 2006, Magna Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Maren Grier is a member of the Business Litigation section and practices principally in the areas of:
- General commercial litigation
- Land use planning and zoning litigation
Land Use Planning and Zoning Litigation
Maren has handled various matters for both corporate and individual clients in, among others, the waste, aggregate and agriculture industries. Her experience ranges from assisting in various administrative and regulatory proceedings, to vigorously litigating all manner of land use, zoning, and environmental disputes.
Maren also represents a broad range of individual and corporate clients in all manners of business and commercial disputes, including general contract disputes, insurance coverage disputes, employment and non-compete claims, ERISA claims, securities litigation, property damage disputes and appellate practice.
Honors & Awards
- Rising Star, Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Order of the Coif, University of Minnesota, 2009
- Law Student Award for Excellence in Labor Law, Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, 2009
- Defended a putative class action brought in connection with the acquisition of a publicly traded company.
- Defended large banking client against claim alleging ERISA violations associated with reorganization and severance benefits.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlement with third-party's insurer to cover the damages incurred as a result of a third-party's product recall.
- Obtained dismissal of an appeal filed by a citizens group which sought to reverse a county's grant of a conditional use permit to our client.
- Obtained dismissal of litigation filed by a citizens' group in attempt to block the issuance of general obligation bonds to cover the costs of repair and improvements to public safety facilities and park system.
- Obtained on summary judgment an order that an insurance company was obligated to idemnify its insured, a food distributor, for its settlement of an underlying claim related to a third-party's recall.
- Obtained summary judgment against the party's insurer under a technology errors and omissions policy, for the reimbursement of approximately $1 million in defense costs incurred in an arbitration.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing in its entirety a lawsuit against our client alleging more than $20 million in property damage.
- Pursued a claim before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority seeking to recover damages associated with the sale of non-conventional investments.
- Represented farmers and ranchers who were denied due process in the issuance of an order by a state agency denying them the exercise of their water rights to irrigate their crops and water their livestock.
- July 5, 2018
- September 1, 2016
- March 1, 2011