University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2011, Magna Cum Laude
- Dean's List
University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, M.B.A., 2011
- Carlson Scholar
University of Wisconsin - Madison, B.B.A., 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Marcus Laman is a member of the Business Law section and practices primarily in the areas of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Professional sports teams
- Private equity transactions
- Information technology and software licensing
- General commercial and corporate law
Marcus advises publicly and privately held clients in a variety of industries, including professional services, software development and licensing, health care, real estate management, and equipment and product manufacturing.
Honors & Awards
- Rising Star, Minnesota Super Lawyers
Marcus' recent experience includes assisting with the representation of:
- business owners in the sale of a private software company.
- private equity clients in connection with acquisitions of a trucking tarp manufacturing company and a gaming chair manufacturer.
- a buyer in connection with the purchase of a manufacturer and bottler of nutritional and dietary supplements and beverages.
- a professional sports team in connection with the development, construction and use of a new sports facility.
- professional services clients with respect to state regulatory and professional licensing matters.
- emerging businesses with respect to formation, capitalization and other start-up needs.
- a global medical software and content provider in the pharmacology, drug interactions and patient information sectors with ongoing various licensing and other commercial matters.
- a global provider of medical reference information in connection with software licensing matters and ongoing in various commercial matters.
- a global provider of web-based clinical management and assistance solutions in ongoing various licensing and other commercial matters.
- a healthcare medical content provider in ongoing representation for various licensing and other commercial matters.
- the private equity arm of a large asset management firm in acquisitions of portfolio manufacturing companies.
a publicly traded energy services company in its acquisition of an integrated water management company.
owners in the sale of a food manufacturing, distribution and franchising company to a national private equity firm buyer.
a private equity firm in the acquisition of the stock of a sign fabrication and service company.
seller in connection with the sale of a cyber security and IT security services company to a strategic buyer.
a private equity firm in the sale of two IT services companies.
a large agricultural commodities and distribution company in the divestiture of its U.S. agronomy business.
business owners in the sale of a privately held benefits administration company.
a product packaging solutions company in the acquisition of two strategic add-on printing companies.
- August 30, 2018
- July 5, 2018
- November 2, 2017
- December 19, 2011