William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2009, Summa Cum Laude
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S.
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Honorable Kermit E. Bye, 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Honorable Christopher J. Dietzen, Minnesota Supreme Court
- Honorable Helen M. Meyer, Minnesota Supreme Court
- Honorable Alan C. Page, Minnesota Supreme Court
Leah Boomsma is a member of the Business Litigation section with experience in e-discovery and transportation-related litigation, including matters involving railroads and motor carriers. Prior to practicing law, Leah worked for a premier electronic medical records (EMR) provider and has in-depth technical knowledge and experience with EMR systems.
In addition to her practices, Leah serves as an adjunct professor at William Mitchell College of Law, teaching transactions and settlements. Since 2011, she has also taught the Academic Preparation Workshop and Deals and Dispute Resolution.
While in law school, Leah Boomsma was an executive editor of the William Mitchell Law Review.
- Tatro v. University of Minnesota (amicus represenation - conduct code for social networking)
- Prosecuted freight loss and damage claim against motor carrier for damage to food products due to failure to provide protective services.