William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude
Hillsdale College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Joe Dunham is an associate in the Business Law section of Briggs and Morgan and focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and business counseling, and nonprofit and charitable organizations.
Joe represents both strategic and financial buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions. He also works with closely-held businesses, advising them on ownership, governance and operations matters. Joe's nonprofit and charitable organizations practice includes board representation, entity formation and tax-exempt qualification matters.
Formerly, Joe was a senior associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, where he performed regulatory compliance and financial statement audits of financial service companies. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Minnesota.
While attending law school, Joe served as a member of the William Mitchell Law Review, worked as a law clerk for two Minneapolis law firms and was a summer associate at Briggs in 2011.
Joe is involved in the community and devotes significant time to Evergreen Church in Minneapolis, where he helps lead the youth group and is involved in several of the church’s other ministries.
- Represented a global distributor of health products and services in the $715 million sale of its medical products division and in its $1.1 billion acquisition of an animal health company.
- Represented Caribou Coffee Company in its negotiation of a merger agreement and its response to a tender offer, a transaction valued at $340 million.
- Represented a private equity firm in numerous purchase and sale transactions, ranging from $10 million to $40 million.
- Represented Marquette Financial Companies in an approximately $185 million sale by the Pohlad family to UMB Financial Corporation (NYSE).
- Represented HFFC (NASDAQ) in its approximately $140 million public company merger with Great Western Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE).
- Represented a manufacturer of dental practice purification products in its $11 million sale to a global medical products company.
- Represented a privately-held leading supplier of thermal-management solutions for the electronics industry in its sale to a Germany-based industrial conglomerate.
- Represented a private equity firm in its $11 million acquisition of a metal fabrication company.
- Represented a Midwest commercial real estate brokerage and property management firm in its acquisition of a West Coast commercial real estate brokerage and property management firm.
- Represented a Minnesota nonprofit owner and operator of senior care and assisted living facilities in its acquisition of a North Dakota nonprofit senior care and assisted living facility.
- Represented an oil and gas exploration and drilling company in its $11 million acquisition of a North Dakota oil and gas drilling service company.
- Represented a nonprofit hospital and senior care facility in its sale to a large, nonprofit health system.