University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 1976, Cum Laude
St. Olaf College, B.A., 1972, Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
Greg Kvam is part of Estate Planning and Administration practice at Briggs and Morgan. He practices principally in the areas of:
- Estate planning
- Trust and estate administration
- Charitable gifts
- Tax-exempt organizations
Greg advises clients regarding wills, revocable trusts, generation-skipping trusts, family partnerships and other estate planning techniques to preserve assets and minimize taxes. He also advises individual and institutional clients regarding the creation and administration of tax-exempt organizations and charitable trusts.
In his practice, Greg works with a variety of nonprofit clients, including community foundations and private foundations. He regularly counsels nonprofit organizations on tax, governance and administrative issues. He also provides nonprofit clients with advice on the creation and administration of charitable trusts, pooled income funds and other charitable gift programs.
He lectures frequently on topics associated with estate planning, tax-exempt organizations and charitable gifts.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trust and Estates
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Top 40 Estate and Planning Attorney, Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Leading American Attorneys
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Assists individuals and families with estate planning, creation of trusts, business succession and charitable gifts.
- Represents personal representatives and trustees with respect to the administration of estates and trusts, gift and estate tax returns and audits, reformation of trusts, and resolution of gift, estate and trust disputes.
- Acts as general counsel to family foundations providing advice regarding formation, governance, administration, and tax issues.
- Acts as general counsel to community foundations and other public charities providing advice regarding governance, administration, tax issues, and charitable gift programs.
American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Legacy Advisors
American Bar Association, Member, Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
Ramsey County Bar Association, Member
Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, Section of Probate and Trust
- August 16, 2017
- July 10, 2017
- August 15, 2016
- July 5, 2016
- August 22, 2014
- July 21, 2014
- March 26, 2013
- July 18, 2011
- June 1, 2011
- September 8, 2009
- December 5, 2008
- August 1, 2008
- January 1, 2008
- August 21, 2007
- "Navigating Legal Issues," Presenter, Minnesota Council on FoundationsSeptember 27, 2016
- November 18, 2016
- January 2016
- March 27, 2014
- May 29, 2013
- August 9, 2012
- March 1, 2010
- October 30, 2009