William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1990
University of Minnesota, B.A., 1987
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- State of North Dakota
Ernest (Ernie) Peake is a member of the Briggs Real Estate, Business Litigation, and Employee Benefits sections. He focuses his practice in the areas of civil litigation, construction, real estate, and corporate law. He provides legal representation to numerous large and small construction contractors, real estate developers, finance companies and multiemployer benefit plans. As general counsel to all types of businesses, he manages a team of accomplished lawyers who provide legal services tailored to meet the client's needs.
Ernie received his J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law and his undergraduate degree from the University of Minnesota.
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Counsel for general contractors and subcontractors in negotiating, drafting and implementing general construction contracts and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts for numerous types of commercial and industrial projects, including power plants, alternative energy production plants, and waste water treatment facilities.
- General counsel to multiemployer benefit plans and related entities.
- Counsel for contractors in all aspects of mechanic's lien litigation.
- Defense and prosecution in all types of shareholder disputes.
- Veil piercing and alter ego litigation.
- Commercial, industrial, and residential real estate transactions.
- Successfully prosecuted claims against multiple local municipalities on behalf of developers attempting to develop real property into commercial and residential real estate developments.
- Successfully prosecuted claims against municipalities in concurrent annexation and detachment proceedings.
- Multi-million dollar recoveries for contractors in construction contract disputes related to design defects, change orders and related contract issues.
- Successfully defended numerous mortgage lenders in lawsuits wherein borrowers have attempted to avoid foreclosure under the "show me the note" defense.
- Numerous defense verdicts for contractors in all types of commercial and industrial construction defect claims.
- Successful prosecution of multiple alter ego claims and lawsuits.
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association, Civil Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- Member, Minnesota Chapter of Association of General Contractors
- March 7, 2019