Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1997
Creighton University, B.A.
- Dean's List
Bar & Court Admissions
Dennis Knoer is a member of the Business Law section. He practices principally in the areas of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate finance
- Real estate investment fund formation and private offerings
- Corporate governance
- Business law
In his practice, Dennis serves as outside general counsel to a number of privately held companies, providing counsel and guidance on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, risk management, business contracts, general corporate law, and shareholder conflict resolution.
He has extensive experience negotiating various transactions on behalf of clients. Dennis has handled domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, stock and asset acquisitions, and joint ventures.
Dennis is fund counsel to a number of real estate investment funds, guiding clients through the entire fund life cycle, including:
- formation and fund structure, including:
- structure of management and other fees,
- distribution and allocation waterfalls,
- fund offerings, including:
- preparing offering memoranda and fund partnership documentation
- compliance with securities laws related to fund offering and operation,
- investor relations;
- fund wind up.
Dennis represents private equity funds in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of portfolio companies in numerous industries. He also represents clients in a wide range of investment and finance-related activities. Dennis has represented investment banks and numerous public and private issuers in connection with the offer and sale of securities. He also has experience working with private foundations and individual investors in connection with the review of, and investment in, private equity funds throughout the world.
Dennis is a certified Russian linguist and attended the Defense Language Institute School of Russian in Monterey, California.
Honors & Awards
- Rising Star, Minnesota Super Lawyers
- Regularly represent regional private real estate fund sponsors with fund formation and offerings, investment syndication, platform and add-on transactions, divestitures, reorganizations and recapitalizations.
- Represent one of the premier junior capital providers in the United States, which manages six separate funds with more than $1 billion in commitments, including debt and equity investments in more than 80 companies nationwide.
- Represented a large publicly traded beverage company in a $750 million acquisition of a juice drink company in the Ukraine - the largest transaction in the history of the Ukraine in its time.
- Represented a large publicly traded company in a joint venture involving operations in Jamaica, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Mexico and Guatemala to form one of the largest privately controlled companies in Central America.
- Represented a private equity firm in its divestiture of a leading provider of travel solutions for loyalty programs.
- Represented a national private equity company in a series of acquisitions of construction equipment manufacturing companies.
- Represent a national architectural, engineering and space design firm in connection with numerous practice acquisitions across the country.
- Serve as outside general counsel to numerous early-stage, growth companies in a variety of industries with a wide-range of legal needs, including entity and ownership structure; financing arrangements; real estate arrangements; terms of employment; equity and equity-like incentive arrangements; and licensing arrangements.
- Represented registered broker-dealer in connection with a $3 million broker-placed Rule 506 private placement of securities.
- Prepared a $3 million Rule 506 private placement of securities for a private medical technology company.
- Prepared a $2 million Series B preferred stock financing round for a private company that designs and manufactures water filtration devices.
- Briggs Helps NELSON Worldwide Holdings Double Revenue Through Strategic M&A Deals.
Minnesota State Bar Association
- Business Law Section, Former President
- Business Law Section, Legislative Coordinator
Connect U.S.-Russia, Former Board Member
- November 2, 2017
- August 4, 2011
- December 15, 2008
- December 11, 2007
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Marriott Minneapolis West, November 19, 2009
- August 6, 2010
- May 5, 2010
- May 29, 2009
- February 24, 2009
- January 23, 2009
- August 21, 2008