University of Minnesota Law School, Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
Université de Paris-Sorbonne, M.A.
University of Minnesota, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
David Clark is a member of the firm's Financial Institutions and Real Estate section. He represents banks and other financial institutions, investors and borrowers in a wide range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including:
- Commercial and asset-based loans
- Syndicated credit facilities
- Subordinated debt
- Leveraged acquisition financings
- Project financings
He also advises financial institutions and corporations in connection with swaps, hedges and other derivative transactions.
Prior to joining Briggs, David worked at a national law firm, where he was a partner in the finance and restructuring group.
David's recent experience includes:
- Borrower/seller’s counsel for grain repurchase facility.
- Originator’s counsel for securitizations of US and cross-border trade receivables.
- Borrower’s counsel for a multi-currency revolving and term credit facility and private note placement to finance a major international acquisition.
Borrower’s counsel for a revolving and term credit facility to a regional airline secured by all personal property and fleet of aircraft.
Counsel to a “big box” retailer in connection with negotiating a private label credit card financing program.
Agent’s counsel in connection with a secured revolving credit facility to an agricultural commodity trader.
- Lessee’s counsel for synthetic leveraged equipment leases.
- Agent’s counsel for syndicated, rated term financing backed by student loans.
- Agent’s counsel for a convertible note offering by a Cayman's issuer to finance construction of Brazilian ethanol assets.
- Lender’s counsel for a senior subordinated credit facility (with an equity kicker) to a natural gas trading company.
- Lender’s counsel for a senior secured credit facility to a Canadian agricultural investor.
- Agent’s counsel for a syndicated revolving and term credit facility to a multinational database company.
- Lender’s counsel for a revolving and term credit facility to provide construction, startup, and working capital for combination beef slaughterhouse and packaging plant, secured by the borrower's real estate and personal property.
- Lender’s counsel for a letter-of-credit facility, guaranteed by Ex-Im Bank, to a Venezuelan port operator to finance the purchase of ship unloading, conveyor, and grain storage equipment.
- Borrower’s counsel for a secured revolving and term credit agreement to a telecom company to finance the acquisition of a public company.
- Borrower’s counsel for a secured revolving credit facility to a leveraged hedge fund.
- Borrower’s counsel for a life insurance company in connection with a term credit facility.
- January 29, 2015
- November 20, 2014