William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude
- Dean's List
Miami University of Ohio, B.A., Summa Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Danielle Fitzsimmons is a member of the Employment, Benefits and Labor section and practices principally in the areas of:
- Employment litigation
- Employment counseling
- Non-compete agreements and restraining orders
- Business litigation
Danielle works with employers in a wide-variety of employment litigation and counseling matters. She represents clients in state and federal courts, as well as before state and federal agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Minnesota Department of Human Rights. Danielle defends employers facing allegations of violations of numerous employment statutes, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Minnesota Human Rights Act. She also represents employers seeking to enforce employment contracts, namely non-competition agreements, and defends employees against claims regarding restrictive covenants.
Apart from litigation, Danielle counsels clients on day-to-day employment matters such as hiring, promoting, disciplining, terminating, determining reasonable accommodations and ensuring compliance with state and federal hour, wage and leave requirements.
While in law school, Danielle served as both an executive editor of the Journal of the National Security Forum and the assistant editor of the William Mitchell Law Review. She also externed for the Honorable John R. Tunheim and the United States Attorney's Office.
- Successful jury trial: court ordered injunction on non-compete. At trial, jury found former sales employee breached his employment contract and was not entitled to any deferred compensation. Court ordered former employee to pay $189,000 in attorneys' fees to employer and ordered former employee to return all company documents to his possession.
- Breakfast Briefing SeriesApril 20, 2016
- THIS EVENT IS FULL.May 5, 2015
- Windows on Minnesota, 50th Floor, IDS Center, April 10, 2014
Lawsuits and Congress Attempt to Stop New DOL Overtime Rules