Drake University Law School, J.D., 1997
- Order of the Coif
Iowa State University, B.S., 1981
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
Dan Rosenberg is a member of the Intellectual Property section. He is a registered patent attorney through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and practices primarily in the areas of:
- Intellectual property law
- Patent prosecution and infringement
- Trademark prosecution and infringement
- Intellectual property litigation
- Intellectual property licensing
Dan has worked closely with clients in a wide array of technological fields, including the mechanical, electrical, biological and chemical branches of science. Having first started his career in semi-conductor process engineering in the early 1980s, he has a unique understanding of many highly technical client industries.
Dan’s extensive experience in intellectual property matters has included handling patent work with clients involving financial transactions such as methods of investment management, pre-paid credit card services, and advanced data indexing systems used in accounting services. Dan also has experience with medical device patents for artificial vessels, neonatal support systems, hemostatic devices, pulmonary stents and nutritional supplements for improved brain function, immune response, increased muscle development and anti-wasting agents. He has also assisted clients with patenting human and animal feed/food additives, embedded software for consumer electronics and embedded controllers, Internet security, plant sonication and methods of enhanced germination, cyclonic drying systems, waste material recovery, hearing aid battery dispensers, hydraulic brake actuators and controllers, manufactured and modular home foundation and skirting systems, concrete forms, precision agriculture devices, cryogenic pollen preservation, LED lighting systems, telecommunications services, satellite navigation and combustion engines and electrical generators, and DNA identification technology.
Dan has extensive trademark experience, being responsible for managing large portfolios of foreign and domestic trademarks for regional, national and international clientele. His experience with trademarks has also involved enforcement, policing, litigation, and USPTO oppositions and cancellations. He assists clients with trademark opinion and clearance matters to help them avoid disputes and determine the scope of available protection. Dan is well versed in Internet-related trademark matters, including domain name dispute resolution, and trademark use and keyword advertising matters.
On the transactional side, Dan works with clients to draft and negotiate complex license agreements, particularly software and technology licenses, handle intellectual property matters in the context of mergers and acquisitions; and draft clearance opinions, freedom to operate, registerability, validity and enforceability opinions.
Previously, Dan worked for Intel Corporation and Advanced Micro Devices in semiconductor process engineering for over 12 years and is well versed in the demands of high-volume manufacturing. At Intel, Dan worked for a decade in the company’s most advanced manufacturing clean room facilities.
Dan practiced 10 years with another Midwest law firm, where he once served as chair of its intellectual property department, prior to joining Briggs.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications on electrical connectors including quick-connect devices for wiring.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications on packaging and equipment including phase change materials for thermal management.
- Provide patent non-infringement opinion.
- Provide strategic patent prosecution and related counseling for container and packaging systems manufacturer.
- Provide strategic patent prosecution and related counseling for medical device company.
- Represented a global provider of medical reference information in connection with software licensing matters and ongoing in various commercial matters.
American Bar Association, Member
American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
International Trademark Association, Member
Iowa State Bar Association, Member
Iowa Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Polk County Bar Association, Member
- Venue: University of Minnesota Law School - Room 25, April 29, 2015
- Briggs and Morgan, February 11, 2015
- University of Minnesota Law School - Room 25, May 21, 2014
- Windows on Minnesota, 50th Floor, IDS Center, April 9, 2013
- 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. | Briggs and Morgan, Minneapolis, March 16, 2011
- 8 – 10:30 a.m. | Briggs and Morgan, Minneapolis, December 2, 2009
- ALERT: Don’t be Fooled by Bogus Operators Claiming You Need to Take Action on Your Trademarks or PatentsApril 25, 2017
- May 3, 2016
- February 21, 2013
- December 27, 2010