University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2005, Cum Laude
University of Illinois, M.S., 2003
Hamline University, B.A., 1997, Magna Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Audrey is a registered patent attorney and practices principally in the areas of:
- Intellectual property law
- Patent prosecution
- Trademark prosecution
Audrey focuses her practice on intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on the drafting of patent and trademark applications, and on the prosecution of patent and trademark applications before the U. S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). She also works with attorneys in various countries to obtain international patent and trademark rights for her clients.
Audrey has drafted and prosecuted both utility and design patent applications. She has patent prosecution experience in the areas of consumer food products, consumer health care, medical devices, and various chemical and mechanical technologies.
Her experience includes preparing infringement opinions, preparing requests for reexamination, providing patentability and trademark availability opinions, and providing litigation support for patent lawsuits. In addition, Audrey’s practice involves the licensing and transfer of intellectual property rights, and conducting intellectual property due diligence in M&A transactions.
Audrey is admitted to practice in Minnesota and before the USPTO. She is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Chemical Society. She also provides pro bono assistance to clients of Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services in the area of immigration.
Audrey received a B.A. in chemistry from Hamline University and an M.S. in chemistry from the University of Illinois. She received her law degree from the University of Minnesota Law School, where she was a member of the Intellectual Property Moot Court competition team.
Honors & Awards
- North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Develop patent drafting, filing and prosecution strategies in cross-discipline market involving psychology, physiology and physics to provide therapeutic results using new consumer healthcare equipment.
- Develop, grow and manage comprehensive global patent portfolio and generate competitive patent strategy in a rapidly expanding new ingredient category.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications for a global ingredient manufacturer.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications in competitive professional skincare field.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications on automotive fluid exchange equipment.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications on electrical connectors including quick-connect devices for wiring.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications on packaging and equipment including phase change materials for thermal management.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications on snowmobile skis and suspensions.
- Drafting and prosecution of patent applications on wireless device components including antenna design.
- Drafting and prosecution of patents directed to food technology innovations.
- Drafting and prosecution of U.S. patent applications for independent inventor.
- Patent application drafting, development of patent strategy and trademark prosecution for start-up company.
- Prosecution of U.S. patent applications, and providing direction in the prosecution of foreign patent applications, for a global manufacturer.
- Strategic patent prosecution and related counseling for container and packaging systems manufacturer.
- Strategic patent prosecution and related counseling for medical device company.
- Strategic patent prosecution and related counseling for pet toy manufacturer.
- Trademark prosecution and related counseling for publisher.
Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
American Chemical Society, Member
Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services
- ALERT: Don’t be Fooled by Bogus Operators Claiming You Need to Take Action on Your Trademarks or PatentsApril 25, 2017
- May 3, 2016
- September 19, 2011
- August 11, 2008